North Shores is a private community established by two young developers, J. Rodney King of Georgetown, Delaware, and Daniel G. Anderson, of Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. The lands, which later would become the community of North Shores, were purchased on March 1, 1956.
With the help of local surveyors, Wingate & Eschenbach, they planned the community by plotting the lots, streets and common areas.
The sub-division Covenants were recorded in 1966. The community consists of 192 single-family lots, 48 apartments and 55 townhouses. An additional 10 lots and 11 condominiums have recently been annexed or licensed into the community.
The centerpiece of the community is the Bath & Tennis Club, which provides recreation facilities for our residents and their visitors during the summer months. The facilities include a magnificent swimming pool, two tennis courts, a marina with slips for 25 boats, and our greatest asset, approximately 2200 feet of beautiful Atlantic Ocean beach. The beach is for the exclusive use of residents and their guests. The Bath & Tennis Club employs a certified staff to ensure a safe and healthy environment for the community.